Monday, November 30, 2015

WILLINGNESS TO SERVE

So this week my bike was acting a little like my bike in Lobos (the rusty steed) because I swear every day this week my tire popped.  So the whole week I had to carry around the pump and I had to pump it every 20 minutes. That was fun.  Luckily I got it fixed and all patched up so now it works like a charm. Almost. But close enough right?



Today me and Elder Carrion recieved a new companion! His name is Elder Funk from Tucson Arizona. ELDER CARRION LEAVES THIS NEXT SUNDAY FOR HIS MISSION IN MEXICO!! Wow it all happened so fast!  Elder Funk got to Argentina TODAY from the MTC!  We spent most of the day picking him up and helping him get settled, that`s why we are writing a little late.  We had a great trip to the capital last week for Elder Carrion's visa interview.  It was super awesome! Obviously the interview went well, since he got his visa.  Elder Carrion loves Ezeiza and all of the members.  He will be coming back to visit them for sure when he comes back home after his mission.
This last Sunday was the best!!  We had a super awesome Church attendance of 170 and we even had 7 investigators that came!! Wow it was awesome! I could not wipe the smile off my face. It was also ward conference and after the meeting the new stake president wanted to meet with us. In the meeting he wanted us to tell him what we were doing to increase church attendance so that he could have other wards do the same thing. Wow what a humble stake president.  He asked a whatever missionary from Utah that has no idea what he is doing for advice. I was amazed at his humility! I was speechless, I literally had no response.  I mean I feel like we are doing nothing out of the ordinary.  It was a super cool experience. 
One of the things that I noticed about this ward is the unity that they all have. The friendship they all have and the willingness to serve one another! I think that`s the key!  I mean if I have done something it`s nothing compared to what the members of the ward do here. So that`s the important thing, because 170 Members can do a lot more then 4 missionaries!!!
Sounds like it is pretty chilly in Utah.  Today it was so hot here.  We had a zone activity today and we played tag and capture the flag. It was super fun, but I got burnt in the face a little. :/ oops




Well that was everything from my week.  I love you all and I hope you have a good week!!

Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment