Monday, November 16, 2015

GO SHARE IT!

Ok so we found a person this week. Her name is M****, when we contacted her she didn`t want us to come in. We were sad, but then my comp felt prompted that we should go back and offer her a Book of Mormon and tell her to read it, so we went. And she accepted and she said if she got an answer from God she would come to church the next day. Well yesterday in church she went. Sadly we didn`t get to talk to her after sacrament meeting (it`s at the end here) because she left super fast out the door! Almost running! But wow that was a miracle! I am glad for a companion that is sensitive to the spirit!! WOO!!

We contacted some people from the ¨Open Chapel¨ don`t know what it`s called in the USA, but it`s when they open up the church and people from the ward invite friends, family and neighbors to go get to know the church.  We explain things like service, baptism, the organizations, Sunday worship, and then there is food after. But we got a lot of reference from that ( it was like 3 weeks ago we weren't even here) but we contacted like 5 of them and 3 of them said that they wanted us to keep coming! Which is a super good rate for references! at least for me that`s good! So we just keep geting people here and it is super awesome. The ward only lacks 3 tithing payers to split the ward so that`s gonna be awesome, i hope i am here to see that!!! 

This last week we also had the meeting for new missionaries and their trainers and I learned a TON even though it`s the 3rd time that I have been there.  Every time I go I keep feeling the strongest impression that  being an example is the best way to help someone know what is the right thing to do. 

I really like my area! It is super big, there is a lot of progress even though I have been here for 2 weeks, and we almost have food everyday!!! There are police EVERYWHERE! The township even has their own police here on top of the regular police from the government... Because there is an area super super rich. it`s called the¨Clover¨ but in Spanish obviously. And another one called Bamboo village... But that ones in English, so yeah even more rich. Places that are rich here are in English... not sure why...



Obviously Argentina does not have Thanksgiving but  practically every time there is a game with Argentina playing is a holiday.  And when ever the twos biggest teams of Argentina play (River and Boca). The whole world just goes dead because everybody is sitting in front of their tv or their uncle`s TV.  Here it is soccer, or die.

The weather  is really heating up so fast.  These last days I  have been sweating so much, and it hasn`t even hit the hottest part of summer yet!! CHRISTMAS!! NOOO!!! I think living here in argentina is the only time in my life when I didn`t want Christmas to come. Cause man... it`s just hot.

Also I would like to invite all of you to do something special! This morning I read something super awesome in Preach My Gospel! It said that we as members should REGULARLY be praying and asking God to know if the Book of Mormon is the word of God! It`s not a one time thing! It is something that needs to be asked over and over and over again!! So if you haven`t done it in a while I invite you to do it! Read and pray to see if the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. And when you receive your answer... GO SHARE IT!!!

Love you all! Have a good week!

Elder Ward




No comments:

Post a Comment