Monday, February 2, 2015

VILLA MADERO

Transfer Meeting - Showing me and my new companion - Elder Benitez

The City I am in is called Villa Madero, it is a lot different then Lobos.  It is major city.  Villa means super super poor areas, like those places you always see that have the tin roofs and are just packed with people, yeah there is some on that in our area and it`s so cool/sad/just everything. 




My new comp is named Elder Benitez, he is from El Salvador, and I think he is 11 months in the mission. He is super awesome and I was super excited to finally have a Latin comp to finally crank up my Spanish skills!!!!! It`s super great and the good thing is that he really wants to learn English. So we help each other the whole day learning from each other, so that is super super fun. 



So here in Villa Madero we have a ward, and there are like 90 members every week, this week was a little off because a bunch of people have vacations because they have work off and all the kids are out of school too.  About 5 or 6 big families were gone so there were only like 50 people in the sacrament meeting. The Building is super sweet, but the thing I like the most is the fact that it has a basketball/soccer court in the back and we play soccer every week with the Elder`s Quorum!!!!! I was so pumped to finally be able to play some soccer! And I did pretty good if I might say so myself. I scored 2 goals this first game. WASSSSUP!
So I would send more pictures but here in the city the computers are really bad with viruses, so I need to go to a member`s house this week, put my pictures on a pen drive, and then put it into the computer so that if I plug my camera in I don`t lose all of my photos. 
I can`t really remember too many names of people that I met this week because I am just overwhelmed with all of them, haha I feel like that will happen to me every time I get into a new area though. We did divisions (splits) this Thursday, so pretty much I had to lead the area without knowing anything about the area... and it was the worst, haha, I had no idea what I was doing.  We walked the whole day and I got these massive blisters on my feet because this is my first walking area, but they are fine, a good way to kick off the new area right?

I had an amazing going away party in Lobos, it was super awesome!! Tons of people came, and I gave away my favorite hat to one of  my favorite members there :`(  but he gave me something awesome in return! He gave me a garden gnome. Yes a garden gnome. I am so happy with it and it is sitting on my study desk. It was sad to say goodbye to my first couple converts and they were sad too, but I can`t wait to help others to come to the gospel and change their lives too! PEACE!!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! 







Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment