Monday, February 9, 2015

MIRACLES IN THE LIFE OF A MISSIONARY

Elder Benitez and Elder Ward enjoying Argentine Pizza

HOW IS YOUR APARTMENT/PENCH?

It is actually really nice because it used to be a pench for sisters so it is a little nicer then usual. The Faucet has a filter which is super rare and super awesome because we aren`t supposed to drink regular faucet water. Other then a broken toilet button the pench is perfect!  We have filter bottles that the church gave us to use so we don`t get sick. So yeah



I finally got mail!!

WHAT IS A TYPICAL BREAKFAST?

.... Well nothing usually, haha the breakfast doesn't really exist here, if anything I just drink some mate cocido (like an herbal thing they have down here) or malta (it`s like coffee but it isn't, and yes, it is within church standards, haha)

HOW MANY ARE IN YOUR DISTRICT AND ZONE?

6 in the district and I have no idea how many in the zone. Sometimes we will play soccer on p days

TELL US ABOUT YOUR COMPANION.

He is a convert of 2 years, was a member for a year and then went out on a mission and has been on the mission for a year, so he`s just a stud.

ARE YOU STILL IN TRAINING?

I have been done with training for one transfer, but my comp is the senior comp since he has been out longer.



Elder Benitez and I ready to play some soccer!


TELL US ABOUT YOUR WEEK AND YOUR INVESTIGATORS

So this week was pretty sweet. I got to go to Capital Buenos Aires for renewing parts of my visa, and it is soooooo cool. Capital is so awesome and I wanna go back there so bad after my mission. It`s just so big and all of the buildings are super old looking and European and it`s just super cool. Can`t wait to visit it when I come back! But in other  news this week we found some pretty cool people while we were in Capital!  They are pretty much the Spanish speaking High school musical stars! They were super sick. They were getting visas to be in the country and we talked to them the whole time while we were at the immigration office. And we gave both of them a Book of  Mormon!  Hopefully they will read them them, get baptized and I`ll be able to say I converted a famous person! At least someone that`s famous in
South America!

So our main investigators which is a family finally came to church this week! They loved it! They left with all of these books in their hands, gospel principles and the prophet teachings and just huge smiles on their faces! It was so awesome! The mom had a massive headache right before church and when she got there she said it went away! Just another miracle in the life of a missionary right there!

We also found this lady sitting outside drinking her mate (mate is the herbal drink that every Argentine drinks like a million times every single day). We asked if we could share the gospel with her, and I swear this lesson could have been  the perfect missionary teaching video that they show all of the new missionaries. Because it was just perfect. We taught all the principles super well, she asked all of the right questions at the right time, and the spirit was just super strong!!! So yeah, I was pretty proud of myself... Haha, but we found her yesterday, so we will see if she progresses more! Hopefully she does!

Well I love the people in Argentina a LOT! But I love all of you more! Thank you for your prayers and support in my mission and for all the blessings that I receive!

Elder Ward

P.S. oooooooh and guess what!?!?! I just remembered, one day we went to a members house to eat lunch, and when I walked in, I saw that the son had a SKYLINE BASKETBALL SHIRT!?!?!?! I WAS LIKE WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THE CHANCES THAT HE HAS THAT??? Turns out that he was Ryan Taylors older brothers comp when he served in Chile and he gave him the shirt... but I was just freaking out when I saw that!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment