Tuesday, January 5, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hello Family!

Happy New Year!!  This New Years we stayed at home, made some churros that were actually super disgusting because we put way too much salt in them and they kind of just looked... Well... Less then appealing if ya ask me, haha but don't worry we bought some pastries from some professionals in case they didn't turn out!  I'd give us an A for effort.






Elder Funk and I are doing so great!  I will be done training him not this transfer but the next one so we will be together for a little bit longer, and least a month or 2 more!! WOO!!  This week we had a lunch with an awesome family! They just love the missionaries, even though the mom is a little inactive she just LOVES US!! So we went over there and we were talking over lunch and her 8 year old son was watching a little you tube video in English and she didn't know what he was watching. She asked Elder Funk to translate it and he said ¨Mira la cola¨which literally means look at that tail. But it Spanish tail is another way to say butt, and the mom freaked out!! WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING! And I just started cracking up and so did everyone else and wow. It was just super funny, and the little kid was just watching someone play an animal video game which is why he said look at that tail. OH man. I thought that was super funny, haha



 Yesterday Hectors Mexican food popped into my head... Yeah. That is some good stuff.  But I can live without Hectors because I LOVE Argentina and the people here. It just amazes me that how the people will let someone they have NEVER met in their entire life into their house. It just makes me realize the reality of the calling that I have... We truly are representatives of Jesus Christ! And I am not too excited for when that is taken away from me, haha well at least I can still be his disiple!








We actually received some really awesome references this week and we are just really being loved! We hope that we can return the love by working super hard and helping them to progress!

We had such an amazing miracle this week! Bueno nosotros encontramos 6 nuevos investigadores! Fue super genial, y esperamos un bautismo este semana que viene o la otra pero mas probably el 16, pero si tuvimos algo que fue milagroso!! Ayer nos acompañó un miembro el dia entero! Hablamos con muchas personas! Un dragón (una mujer mayor que le gustan los misioneros), un Jose Smith Hoy dia (tenia los mismos preguntas y cosas así), y con una familia que tienen muchas ganas de escuchar a nosotros, tuvimos la primera leccion y le gustaron mucho. Y El Obispo nos invitó a comer en su casa! Eso no ha pasado por meses! Asi que ayer fue un dia milagroso! **

So this Sunday was just awesome and sorry it is in Spanish but yeah I didn't realize I was typing in Spanish until I was halfway through and I was too lazy to write it again!

I just finished my full year in the mission. I feel like I am almost on the last stretch and I need to end a whole lot better then I started! Lately I am focusing a lot on reading the Book of Mormon. I am trying to finish it in English and in Spanish before this April (there was an area challenge to finish it before the next general conference). And I feel like I am just learning so many things! One of the things that has really caught my attention were the testimonies in the front. Really this book is true. There is a quote by the grandfather of Jeffery R. Holland that says ¨NO wicked man could write such a book, and no good man would write it, unless it were true, and he was called of God.¨



I testify that the Book of Mormon is true, and I testify that it was divinely translated and brought about to our knowledge! 

Well I gotta go - we have a big P-Day planned - haha.  Uh... Cutting our hair.. WOOOOOO

Well have a good week everyone! Chau!!

Elder Ward

**Translation from Google Translate
Well we found 6 new investigators!!  It was really great, and we expect a baptism this coming week or two but more likely on the 16th.  But we had something that was miraculous!!  Yesterday we walked with a Member the whole day!  We talked to so many people!  There was an older woman who likes the missionaries.  She had questions about Joseph Smith and the like.  Her and her family are eager to listen to us.  We had the first lesson and they liked it a lot.  The Bishop invited us to eat at his home!  That has not happened for months!  So Sunday was a miraculous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment