Monday, June 1, 2015

LEAVING MADERO!

Well I am finally leaving Madero! I am so sad and I was so glad that I got to be in this AWESOME area. This Wednesday I will find out where I am going so I will have to give you an update on that!


Saturday's Waffle - Argentina Style

You asked for an update on my daily schedule, so here it goes....

Get up, pray, do exercises for 30 minutes, have a malta (Mormon style coffee, it isn`t made from coffee beans but from wheat, tastes the same and is free game) take a shower, shave and be ready for studies at 7:00am.

I do personal study for an hour, an hour of comp study, then 30 minutes of language study. Then we leave the house at 10:30am for proselyting. 

 We have our visits through out the day, we knock some doors, sometimes we have success, sometimes not. Most of the time we get the door slammed in our face, haha. And usually lunch with members.

Then we need to be in the house at 9:00 to start daily planning for the next day on where we go, and that`s thirty minutes. Then we get ready for bed, maybe eat something and start our nightly prayers by 10:30. And then we sleeeeeeeeep! Best part of the day right there, haha.

You asked about laundry, a member that we call Mama Santoro (she`s our missionary mom) she washes our clothes here! She`s the best! I am really going to miss her and all the stuff she did for us!



Well this week we had a super miracle happen yesterday night. We were with an investigator teaching them and she was grinding her son about going to some super weird church and as she was doing that we walked in, and then she said, ya know what, you are going to come with me to the Mormon`s church... We were fairly satisfied with that, so we will be expecting them next Sunday! Also the sister of the mom of that family was there and as she was listening to us she told us that we HAD to stop by her house right now. She wanted her whole family to hear what we had to say, and... well we were fairly satisfied with that as well, haha. 

 We went over there, got to know the family a little bit, the parents recently split up and found out that they had just been having a bunch of problems lately and they just didn`t know what to do. So we taught them the first lesson of the restoration and it was just the most I have ever felt the spirit, while we were teaching the first lesson. Me and my comp were bawling, the mom was bawling, the 4 kids were bawling, even the dad was. 

 It was just such a testimony builder to me that people are prepared to receive us! What are the chances that we there in the house of the investigator while she was grinding her kid, while her sister was there, while the sister`s family was in a super crappy time in their lives. It was just awesome. Both of the parents told us that they had always ran inside when they saw the elder`s walking down the street. And even though I won`t be able to get to know this family better and possible baptize them I am just glad I was a part of finding them! It really was a glorious night!
 



 
We also had stake conference this past weekend and it was really focused a lot on the family and the importance of FAMILY HOME EVENING. It really hit me hard for some reason. It just made a really strong impression on me!

 So I guess my challenge for this week or the next would be to have family home evening this week! Cause you will receive blessings! Haha love you all so much and I hope you all have a good week!


Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment