Monday, November 10, 2014

LOBOS

Hola!!

This is weird because the keyboards in Argentina are a little different, and it says I am spelling everything wrong, haha... But here we go! Hopeefully I can tell you everything that happened in these last 2 weeks! So I was super sad to leave Cali, but me and my comp decided we were going to work super hard for our last transfer together! sadly no one got baptized but we left that area with some solid progressing investigators! We also had to let go of a few investigators too which was super sad because we dropped my favorite investigator. Hopefully she realizes one of these days how much this gospel can bless her life!

In news of travel, I hopped on a plane at 11 am last Monday, and ended up in Argentina 7 am on Tuesday, and there is a 4 hour difference, so I had lots of travel!! It was good though, probably the only time I´ll be able to catch up on sleep in my whole mission, haha. And all of the visa waiters from my MTC district got their visas and were on my same flight, so that was fun to talk to all of them.

My first days in Argentina were crazy! We got to go see the temple and it is GORGEOUS!!! We then had lunch at the Presidents house and just chilled for a while, during his interviews with all of the new missionaries. We then went to the mission office, had more food, talked more about the mission then walked to where we were going to sleep that night. We slept in this massive apartment building that had at least 20 floors and we stayed on the 15th I think. It was a cool experience and all the missionaries that lived there were really welcoming and just studs. Then the next day we went to transfer meeting and I met my new companion! His name is Elder Udall and he´s from Mesa Arizona! He´s super awesome and I feel like we are going to work some miracles in this area.  Elder Udall is the district leader and we have a relief society (the rest of the district is only sisters. The Area is called Lobos. It´s fairly rural and I LOVE IT!! and it took about 2-3 hours by bus to get to Lobos. I have loved meeting the people here even though I can´t understand their Argentina accent. It's funny, here they have a different name for Spanish, instead of EspaƱol, it´s Castellano. We have a branch here and all of the people in the branch are just awesome! Everyone of them loves the gospel and, well they just rock.




So some new things about Argentina.  They have siesta (the long lunch) and there are a ton of dogs that just run around the place.  Luckily most of them don´t bite.  

Love everyone so much and I am so grateful for everyone! Love you all!

Elder Ward




No comments:

Post a Comment